The chapel was built in 1970 in thanks for the recovery from a serious illness. A special feature is the door frame, which comes from the old farmhouse and is dated 1839.
Due to the extension of the farmhouse, it could no longer be used there. It was kept and found a new use in the construction of the chapel. The Lourdes grotto was made by the old farmer and former mayor of Tiefgraben, Mr Schafleitner, himself. The chapel is lovingly maintained.